- Thousands of custom reports – which one to use?
- What is the impact of a change to an object, process builder or program?
- SFDC reports generated out of SFDC do not tie back to BI reports from DW
- Too many custom objects – what do they do, where are they used?
- Too many custom fields and custom calculations – where are they used, how are they calculated or transformed, is there any trigger associated to them?
- No documentation, and original SFDC developers have left the company
- Need to be self-service without having to always rely on IT or Engineers
- End users can’t troubleshoot issues without Admin right access
- Need to understand and document end-2-end data flows (down to field level)
- Need to be 100% confident that the results reported are accurate and can be traced from end-2-end
- What are the upstream/downstream impact when workflow, process builder, or apex programs need to be updated?
- Need to include SFDC as part of Governance Operating Model
- How many workflows are out there? How are they triggered and what do they update?
- How many process builders are out there? How are they triggered and what do they update?
- How many custom Apex programs are out there, and how are they used or triggered?
How many custom program, processes, objects, fields are duplicated?
How should we govern SFDC data when we don’t know what to govern?
… and many others
This long list of business problems fuelled Orion Governance to build a SFDC connector. Our objective is to provide a user-friendly system for the business users to self service, be proactive, and gain insights into their SFDC org – and reduce the business pain points.Orion Enterprise Information Intelligence Graph (EIIG) SFDC connector can read, scan, ingest, and stitch SFDC objects (standard/custom), reports (standard/custom), process builders, workflows, and complex Apex programs. Once ingested, Orion EIIG stitches all the components to provide a full end-2-end data lineage of SFDC org, all the way to the lowest level of detail.
Orion Governance offers a wide range of system connectors, in addition to SFDC connector – ranging from legacy (Mainframe, COBOL), DB’s, ETL’s, BI and Reporting Tools, IoT, and Unstructured Data. Once ingested and harvested, Orion EIIG harmonizes all heterogeneous metadata to be ready to be consumed by business or technical users. Next, Orion EIIG world-class metadata stitcher connects all the harmonized metadata and provides a seamless, easy to consume end-2-end (horizontal) data lineage.
Orion Enterprise Information Intelligence Graph (EIIG) provides business and technical users the insights of their metadata: What, When, and How the data flows, transformed, reported, consumed; and therefore, can better govern their data.